Spacerock in Sweden.

Marshall Wood mwood at MY-DEJANEWS.COM
Tue Aug 18 10:43:14 EDT 1998

On Tue, 18 Aug 1998 15:19:28   Henrik Hallgren wrote:
>A review from the spacerock festival will be published in mid-september =
>so stay tuned!

Where will it be published?

>Apart from only about one hundred fans the festival was a success =
>musically and the "big" bands that played was:
>Man (Wales), Nik Turner (Wales), Spacious mind (Sweden), The Moor =
>(Sweden), darXtar (Sweden), Dark Sun (Finland), Pseudo Sun (Sweden.

I just picked up darXtar's _Daybreak_ (got all four now!).  Great band.  _Daybreak_ is probably their most
overtly Hawkwind-influenced CD.  Wild guitar solos, pounding drums, spacey vocals and concepts, aahhh...

>Pseudo Sun and Dark Sun

I have the Dark Sun CD, and it is excellent.  This is the kind of stuff I'd prefer to hear Hawkwind
churning out in the 90s.  Good vocals, and modern spacey music that doesn't sound like the Ozrics.

What about Pseudo Sun?  I haven't heard much mention of them - can anyone post a review?

And as for Spacious Mind - is _Organic Mind Solution_ a good starter?

MWood

NP: _Love in Space_ (CD single) - Hawkwind

-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----
http://www.dejanews.com/  Easy access to 50,000+ discussion forums