Help for New List member?

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Aug 18 12:47:27 EDT 1998

Hi Vincent!

vincent stephenson writes:

> Hi All
> New to list , just stumbled across it .
> I am a Hawkwind fan from Gloucestershire , UK and I was wondering
> if any UK members could point me in direction of a good Hawkwind
> vinyl or CD stockist so I can rebuild my collection ???
> Also anyone got a complete (ish) HW discography out there on file
> out there???????
> cheers
> Vince Stephenson

Welcome!  Maybe this will get the conversation back to Hawkwind again 8-)
if so - my thanks!

Most of the big name shops HMV, Virgin, Tower etc. should have a fairly
uptodate supply of the official CD releases.   However it's well worth
while trying to get hold of the remastered versions of the official
albums - a bit more expensive and you may have to order them but
definitely worth buying - if you didn't get those CDs when they first
came out.    Mail Order is your best bet if you haven't got access to
the big stores - companies like GEMA are usually reliable and offer
very reasonable prices.

Vinyl is a lot more difficult.   Mail Order or Record Fairs are about
the only access to Hawkwind vinyl - they appear to be an eminently
Kollectable band so very few folk are willing to part with they albums
they have meticulously acquired over the years!

I recomment the mag "Record Collector", issued monthly, it gives you
access to all the main Mail Order companies and tells you when and where
there will be a Record Fair - there's bound to be one in your area
somewhere!

Enjoy
jill

PS: There's a discography on Sonique's web page - can't remember the
address off hand.  Anyone?

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk