OFF The Avengers cast list - More about X People

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Wed Aug 19 11:23:19 EDT 1998

>P.S. What's the scoop on the X-Men? I caught a cartoon of it on telly
> >and their lineup had changed with this new character called "Wolverine".
> >In my day it usedta be Cyclops, Beast, Iceman, Angel and the woman with
> >the TK powers.
>
> Marvel Girl.

>Oh yeah.

> Jeezuz, Mike, that was nearly 30 years ago! The team was dormant for
> years, Beast joined The Avengers etc etc.

Not to mention Angel and Iceman forming the Champions.  Group also
included Ghost Rider, Hercules, Black Widow and some other Russian babe
who's name I forget.  Gee the black Widow must be the Kevin Bacon of the
marvel universe.  Is there any group she's hasn't joined?  Is there any
hero she hasn't loved?

>I liked the Avengers more than any of the other stuff, with Hawkeye my
fave character mainly because of his disrespectful attitude to Captain
America.  I think at that point they were The Cap, Hawkeye, Black Widow
(guest member), Ant/Giant Man (who was stuck as a giant for a while),
Wasp , Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, The Vision, Hercules, and
occasionally Thor and Iron Man.

Occassionally Iron Man and Thor?  Dude Thor and IM were charter members
of the group, along with Giant Man, Wasp and the Hulk.  Cap is probably
the longest continuing memeber of the band but Thor and Iron Man were
there first.  Avengers have changed more than the X-men.

> The All-New X-Men i.e. Wolverine etc was launched in, what, 1975?
>
> Do you *really* want to know any more about this?

>Sure. Just curious 'n' all that.

OK the new X-men were created when this living entity that was an island
caprtured the original team.,  Prof. X knew of their (new X-people)
existence and brought them togetherr to rescue the original team.  At
the end of the day there was suddenly a boatload of X people.  All of
the original members with the exception of Cyclops decided to leave.
Over the years even this team has changed, not to mention the creation
of variant groups, X-Caliber, X-Force etc.  Interesting that the new
team has greater tenure than the original.

>I have no intention of starting another Molly Hatchet discussion, but
didn't Frazetta do their covers? At least the 70s albums? And were
they commissioned or did Hatchet just use his existing work?

Sigh there was a time in my youth that I could provide you a definitive
answer for this.  So fuzzy those days but the answer I beleive is one of
the following.  Take your pick -

a. They are FF artwork used by MH
b. They were commissioned by MH from FF
c. Neither, they were done by this guy (another forgotten name) who
patterned himself after FF.

Sure its one of those.

Ghost in the Ruins

OB Wuzup - So what are the plans for BOC's follow-up to HF?

--  Nick