HW: Help for New List member? - Do Not Panic

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed Aug 19 13:46:07 EDT 1998

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Soniqu=E9?= writes:

> Welcome to the list Vincent!
>
> On 18 Aug 98, at 17:47, J Strobridge wrote about Re: Help for New List
> member?:
>
> > PS: There's a discography on Sonique's web page - can't remember the
> > address off hand.  Anyone?
>
> Mike's discography, Johann's "Top 100" and various other goodies are all at
> http://www.pcmicro.com.au/~Sonique/Hawkwind/files and Mike/Jill's Codex is up
> at http://www.pcmicro.com.au/OzHawks/Codex

I think there is also a DO NOT PANIC reduced discography somewhere on
line - slimmed down to include just the basic official releases for those
folk who just hate watching their wallet have a heart attack every time
they even glance at the full discography listing!

> Soniqué
>
> obIwonder: We had a nice light(ning) show here in Taiwan at about the same
> time as SD'98 and Jon Koping .... someone been firing up the death generator?

This might not as unreasonable as it may sound!   Apparently during one of
the shuttle missions as the astronauts were staring out at the lightning
storms on earth there did seem to be a pattern where a sudden flash in
the clouds in one quadrant of the earth would set off a reaction in
clouds quite another quadrant - often half way around the world.
Impossible to prove that this was anything more than coincidence but I
have to admit that the film they showed of the effect was quite
convincing!

Maybe Dave should test it out...

jill

StrangeThought> that Ken Kesey can visit this country from the States
to regale us with tales about his Psychedelic Bus adventures but Dave
Brock can't visit the States from here just to play music in a rock
band.    Sheesh.

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk