OFF The Avengers cast list - More about X People

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Aug 20 13:01:55 EDT 1998

In article <12267D41F09 at library.syr.edu>, Ted Jackson jr. s2h2
<tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU> writes
>Jon,
>I've got a ton of comics from that vintage, but I bought them as a
>kid and never figured they'd be worth more than the 12 CENTS I paid
>for 'em!  So I've still got them, but they were all read and handled
>[albeit carefully] but I never put them in little bags or anything.
>Any idea if they're still worth anything?  I've got the first several
>X Men, First several Avengers, about 20 Nick Fury, lots of early
>Spider Man etc, but obviously not preserved as collectibles. Any
>value there, or strictly dreaming?
>
>theo

Short answer is yes, even in average condition, the lot could easily be
worth several hundred and if you're really lucky, into four figures. I'm
too far away to realistically make you any offers but if we take this to
e-mail, I'd be glad to help you find somewhere where you could at least
get an honest evaluation. In the meantime, perhaps, you'd like to
subscribe to rec.arts.comics.marketplace (headers only!) You're looking
for "Silver Age" Marvel. You'll get a nice surprise.

Others:
I won't be posting anymore on this subjectas it's too "off", but I'm
happy to talk privately.

best
--
Jon