HW: FORWARD FROM DAVE

sprawl sprawl at BLACKBOARD.COM
Fri Aug 21 19:01:52 EDT 1998

ATTENTION:
FORWARDED FROM DAVE BROCK

Hello Ron and Karyn,

{{{Personal stuff snipped!}}}

We have had such a shit time you would not believe. We spent 4 days
trying
every possible way of getting to the festival, going to the Embassy in
Toronto, immigration, Niagra etc. We had people working 24 hours a day
in
UK, sitting outside sorting offices at 4.00am as US Embassy claimed that
they had sent visa. A courier service was waiting to bring it across in
8
hours, we were waiting......
There was supposed to be a phone link to the gig so I could directly
address the fans, also I was going to sing a number down the phone, we
sat
in the hotel room all evening and no call came, we rang 3 times,
eventually
we were told that they had not got it together.
The next 3 days were spent trying to change our plane tickets so that we
could come home.
When we got home, we were inundated with e-mails from people who had
been
told that it was all our own fault and that we had not been bothered to
get
the visas together. (The passports have been at the US embassy since
June.
The embassy will not do anything until the paperwork at the US side is
completed by the promoter.)
You can imagine how it felt to come home to all of this.....
If you can post  the correct version on BOC we would be grateful
-
Dave

Also:

Hello Folks!

This is Dave Brock here and I would like to say that on Wednesday 12th
August, Ron and me were refused entry into the USA.
Ron was put onto a plane and sent back to England and I went to the US
embassy in Toronto to see if I could get my visa, but to no avail.
The reason being, in 1974, I was busted for marihuana and the US seems
regard me as some dangerous character about to corrupt people.
Anyway, I went to Niagra to try there on Friday, no luck.
Now I hear that the band did not make an announcement. To be told the
truth
of what was happening, I even asked for a mobile to link up with the PA
so
that I could explain to all. Nobody seemed to want to do this.
I did all that I could, it seems that the US immigration did not want me
there.
It was not merely a case of filling in forms on time!
STOP THESE RUMOURS!!!!!