OFF: dem comix dem comics dem bone dry komeeks

christmu at EUNET.NO christmu at EUNET.NO
Sat Aug 22 16:00:57 EDT 1998

>I'll stay off list for just another second here to ask:  Does anybody
>know what happened to that Fantastic Four movie? I'm pretty sure it
>was made, but to my knowledge it was never released anywhere...even
>video. Although I think I saw a still from it in a magazine or
>something. Any info?
>
>--  Nick

Its availible as a bootleg. Its 100% utter crap, though fun to watch. Wotta
MONSTER turkey. Marvel were so completely embarrassed about it they
withdrew *after* its completion! Its chintzy as hell. Imagine, worse than
any other Marvel movie. Dr. Doom is a gas, in silver painted latex armor!
Looks real funny when he talks :)  I recall there was this huge computer
generated scene near the end where the Human Torch goes into a volcano or
an atomic blast (or the sun, or some hot fuckin place other than Hell) and
its all cheezy computer graphics (tho kinda cool, I saw this about 3-4
years ago, memory is HAZY!). In the end Reed & Sue get married, and, erm,
Reed (AKA Mr. Fantastic), WAVES to the people attending. Find the rest out
at your own risk!

(apropos offensively off-topic:I thought the Capt. America movie was
forgivable despite the PLASTIC EARS on Cap. Better than Dolph Lundgren as a
generic Punisher. Or "Thor" (GAH! Walt S.???) guesting with Lou
Ferrigno/Bill Bixby (RIP) Hulk. Never saw the Daredevil one. Thank GOD! I
understand Marvel are going bankrupt again. PRAISE! Lets do the "#1 jig"
AGAIN! Lets just turn the old fans AWAY! We almost got them back with Gene
Colan on Daredevil and Alan Davis on FF, but NOOOO! STAY AWAY, you
over-25's! (except mr. Brevard :)

Argh. I am a bitter person who occasionally reads Comics Journal (no comics
anymore aside from Hellblazer, or Crumb comix, it seems) just to bitch and
say "Yeah! assholes! Grrr!"

Theo, keep your memories, and like sell those fuckin books FAST ey???? I
already told you you were stinkin rich months ago- :)

Christian

ObCD: loads, huge trade closed. Incl. Brainticket - Cottonwoodhill, like wow.

PS: met up with Scott Heller and Carl E Anderson the list last nite here in
Oslo, provided some square feet of surface, & some walking today (the
Voices of Wonder shop probably a drab highlight!). They told me only TWENTY
people attended the spacefest in Jonköping!!!