BRAIN: Re: News on new album

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Tue Aug 25 07:33:57 EDT 1998

> From:          Albert T Bouchard <ir004728 at MINDSPRING.COM>
> Ted sniffs:
>
> >Well, okay for you guys.  But this is the man who brought us
> >Imaginos.  What are they wasting disc time with garbage like Donkey
> >Show for?  I don't get it...
>
> Just come up with ANOTHER 3/4 mil and I'll give you two that'll blow
> Imaginos away! BoH was made for $1200. What I don't get is people who think
> you can just crank out Imaginos after Imaginos. Look I spent a fortune of
> my own money and a boatload of Columbia's on Imaginos and it was a BOMB!!
> Nobody bought it. Just ask Eric Bloom, it proves I'm out of it. And so are
> you Ted! Sorry...

I wasn't suggesting you come up with another Imaginos given current
budget considerations.  Besides, Imaginos evolved over many years [I
think? and represented a bit of collaboration with Sandy, right?]
Apples and oranges, this I understand.  The only reason Imaginos was
a bomb was because people weren't smart enough to buy a great album,
not because of any artistic deficiencies.  BOC had already started to
sag, and I suspect a lot of the fans had moved on.

As I said to somebody else, I can listen to Howard make shit jokes
all morning for free.  Maybe I'm just a repressed old fuck who
doesn't get the current direction of music.  For that I apologize.
As for my being out of it...Well, Al, I'm one of your biggest fans...