OFF: Unkle

Tue Aug 25 10:51:37 EDT 1998

Amused to read the review of Unkle's _Psyence Fiction_ in Time Out:

"Cripes.  Is this _really_ the long-awaited LP from UNKLE?  The humourlessly
trendy but usually compelling Mo'Wax flagship project?  Arty purveyors of
dark, instrumental hip-hop?  Apparently.  But for most of this album, you'd
think you were listening to bloody Hawkwind.

"[etc etc...]"

(Being humourlessly trendy myself, I bought the album yesterday.  OK, I
thought, although I wasn't sure where the cutting edge was.  Another
"useful" album to have :)

- Andy