HW: The Truth/

The Automind antisol at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 25 22:55:14 EDT 1998

>> > The reason being, in 1974, I was busted for marihuana and the US
seems to
>> > regard me as some dangerous character about to corrupt people.
>> > Anyway, I went to Niagra to try there on Friday, no luck.
>
>I figured it was something stupid like this.  How do you fix this? Has
>the U.S. decided to permanantly ban him? What a bunch of shit!! Why
>don't we permanantly ban Bill Clinton, he's a pothead.

Dave should have sneaked in through the woods    :))

I'm embarassed to admit that I didn't even notice that he wasn't there
until the next day! I had a nice conversation with Rob Calvert though.

I can recall some of it if no one minds:

  Initially I couldn't take my eyes off the stage planks in front of me,
where an Egyptian emporer was sitting, offering me a hookah. Some
drunken idiot kept up this shrill, ear-piercing whistle behind me for
nearly a half hour, making me really uncomfortable and paranoid. I kept
looking behind me trying to think of a way to make him quiet down
without provoking a fight. Shock of paranoia! I thought the whole crowd
was backing him up and ready to tear me to pieces if I shifted my
position or changed the expression on my face. He almost fell on top of
me once or twice, and I was a micro-locust's hair away from making a mad
dash out of there wildly spraying Mace in front of me (That certainly
would have ruined the festivities!). I was trying hard for a while to
force myself out of this psychosis, but to no avail. I had never had so
many hallucinogens in my system before in my entire life, and my
thinking process had almost completely disintegrated- I desperately
needed to focus on something intelligent. I was beginning to accept as
reality that I would be a babbling idiot for the rest of life, when
somehow I channeled in a ghostly presence of none other than Mr.
Calvert!!! (fitting for the 10th anniversary of his passing)
    Everything was dark and cold all of a sudden, and I just sort of saw
his face in front of me. His expression didn't change, his lips didn't
move, but he was saying a thousand things at once, and the sound just
sort of hovered there, then echoed into the darkness. It faded away
leaving me completely alone, and I began to cry out to him, saying all
sorts of things I can barely remember. Then, for a moment he flickered
around me again- And SPIRIT OF THE AGE came on!!! It was like a wave of
cold energy washing everything away. It was simply beautiful. I looked
back and the drunken idiot wasn't even there anymore! The rest of the
set was pure bliss.

Now THAT's something that doesn't happen every day. Laugh all you want!
STUPID APPROPRIATELY NAMED CONCERT!!!  :)