tBS,BOC AND SOME OFF

Wed Aug 26 08:51:50 EDT 1998

Al writes:

>Sorry you don't like Donkey Show. I think it's hysterical myself and almost
every time we play people call out for it (I guess that wasn't you though).
If I didn't feel it was a worthy song it wouldn't have been on the album.

Without meaning to bootlick too much (I never ass-kiss), I think Donkey
Show is a really cool tune.  It's got a cool riff and it's wacky.  tBS
aren't slaves to any particular style, and we should remember that tBS
is not an extension of Al's BOC work.  Al is no slave to Imaginos, or
the "heavy metal" style.  However, humor has always been an important
element in much of Al's work, so in that sense, a tune like "Donkey Show"
is not exactly out of character.  Granted, a lot of Al's more humorous
tunes were probably deemed out of character for BOC ("Cities on Flame
with Disco", "She Fell in Love with Richie Blackmore's Dildo" among
others).

John