Multiverse

Patrick Cordiner s328171 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Thu Aug 27 02:27:10 EDT 1998

> "The Mathematics of Smoke" was the title of part one, wasn't it?  So yes, I guess it is a joke, but it's about circularity or something...
>
> The part I had trouble with was Pop and Rupoldo escaping from the buckyball by turning the universe inside out...  very silly!  I was also unsure about Moonglum's sudden appearance, which would be simply puzzling to the non-aficionado.

I personally think that anyone that hadn't done at least a couple of weeks in Moorcock background reading for the comics would have been totally lost, i.e.  the first couple of letters to the editor from people who had read `Stormbringer' and nothing else, and then wondering why they were getting lost.

> But I liked matching up the identities of the characters in the different
> stories, lots of the dialogue, and Simonson's excellent artwork.  The
> double-page of Elric absorbing the Champion (with Balance) was great!

Agreed! It boggles the mind as to what Moorcock will do next. Is there any more word on a remake of the `New World's Fair' record?

Q:When will a space-rock event occur Down Under?
A:At the end of time.

Patrick C.