HW: The Truth/The Automind

John Majka flossbac at WCIC.CIOE.COM
Wed Aug 26 18:38:10 EDT 1998

The Automind wrote:

>drunken idiot kept up this shrill, ear-piercing whistle behind me for
>nearly a half hour, making me really uncomfortable and paranoid. I kept
>looking behind me trying to think of a way to make him quiet down
>without provoking a fight. Shock of paranoia! I thought the whole crowd
>was backing him up and ready to tear me to pieces if I shifted my
>position or changed the expression on my face. He almost fell on top of
>me once or twice, and I was a micro-locust's hair away from making a mad
>dash out of there wildly spraying Mace in front of me (That certainly
>would have ruined the festivities!).

Wow, I know this fuckhead ruined things for a lot of people.  I think you
were the fellow who was sitting right up front, right?  I was standing
directly behind you (we talked a little bit) and unfortunately I was
standing right next to the idiot you're talking about!  He kept shrilly
whistling so loud, I was holding my hand over my right ear and other people
were shouting, "Hey, shut the fuck up!" and similar stuff, but to no avail.
He just kept on and on and on.... explaining, "This is the only way to get a
show going!", which should help explain the moronicly underdeveloped state
of thinking that such a person has!  You know, a very similar incident
happened to me at Hawkwind 1995 at the Park West in Chicago....I bet it was
the same fucker... At that time, he said to me, "You don't look like you're
having enough fun" and made vague insinuations that he was going to rough me
up or something.  Once HW started playing, he kept yelling at the top of his
lungs "Doremi Fasol Latido!" really loudly for like fifteen minutes
straight, so irritatingly that even Ron Tree noticed and, to shut him up,
started singing those same words during an improv bit (check the tape--it's
true!).  He told me at SD98 that he had been in prison for a few years (big
surprise).  I hope that if the same thing happens at the next HW even,
someone will slug him in the face before it gets too out of hand.  I hope
not too many people were put out by his behavior....
John Majka
flossbac at wcic.cioe.com
PS:  Did Chuck Johnson make it to SD98?  I looked but didn't find him, or
any other list members in fact...but that may just be my special problem!