OFF: Can anyone ID this Sundial release?

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed Aug 26 19:12:23 EDT 1998

Paul Mather writes:

> On Wed, 26 Aug 1998, Stuart A Hamilton wrote:
>
> => > Well I can't give you details of the single, but 3 of the tracks are from the
> => > album
> => > LIBERTINE  [ BBQCD 138]  the full track listing of which is;
> => >                        - Send
> => >                        - Going Down
> => >                        - Watch You Smile
> => >                        - Deep Inside
> => >                        - Everything You See
> => >                        - Dual
> => >                        - Hold On
> => >                        - Around and Around
> => >                        - Star Baby
> => >                        - Believe
> => >
> => > There is another album, "Acid Yantra" [BBQCD 173] which should be readily
> => > available.  My wholesaler said he could have it within 14 days, so there's stock
> => > somewhere.
>
> Thanks for the info; at least this narrows things down somewhat.
>
> I already have _Acid Yantra_.  Does anyone know of the availability of
> _Libertine_?

Dunno if it helps but C&D records and Freak Emporium had the following
records listed in their last catalogues:   Acid Yantra / Libertine /
Other Way Out / Return Journey each CD 13.99   Bad Drug-Fairground (CD
Maxi) 4.99    Fazer EP (CD Maxi)  CD 8.99   Live Drug CD 11.99
Reflector CD 15.99  these prices are C&D Records with descriptions of
'Live' being a particularly mind-expanding set while 'Reflector' and
'Libertine' are full of great guitar work and 'Return' sounds like early
70s Hawkwind without the synths and more guitar.   Freak Emporium
describe 'Bad Drug' (CD EP) as a single with a non LP side;   'Live
Drug' as their first ever album with stuff from all their albums
recorded in psychedelic glory; 'Other Way Out' (US version) has tracks
that do not appear elsewhere;  and they share a 7" with Drug Emporium
tracks:  "Ghost Machine"/"Time Traveller"

I admit I've never heard any of the above so can't judge!

cheers
jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk