BOC-L Digest - 26 Aug 1998 to 27 Aug 1998

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Thu Aug 27 11:03:56 EDT 1998

Mark P Lee writes:

> Hey peeps,
>
> As mentioned previously, Alan Daveys Bedouin will be playing
> The Victoria Public House, Derby on Friday 18th September.

mmmm - interesting.

> And now for the brag, support band for the evening will
> be Dr Hasbeen, Martin, Bones, Daz and ME ????

I note C&D Records have the Dr Hasbeen album in the catalogue.   I guess
other CDs will be available at the venue?

> Work    mark at esparto.demon.co.uk

sorry - I *have* to ask this.... It's been nagging at me every time
I read your sig file but feel free to ignore me since this is wildly off
topic and I'm just curious - but is the "esparto" related to esparto grass?

My Dad used to import the stuff for paper making years ago, before
wood pulp took over and I haven't ever seen the word used at all
since then.  Is there another use for esparto?

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk