HW: CALVERT: Luck Lief, PP etc.

The Automind antisol at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Aug 30 00:56:02 EDT 1998

>Well, a couple of weeks ago, I picked up a used CD copy of Calvert's
>Lucky Lief, more to work towards kompletion (I still need Hype) than
Well...well! I just got that a week ago myself! And I need Hype too!!!

>because I really needed to upgrade my old LP copy.  (I only think a
>few of the tracks work, although I think it's quite humourous in
>places even when the music is less than inspired.)

I thought it was hilarious! especially the Beach Boys parody. The lyrics
were well written even for Calvert, though it's definitely not something
I'd listen to regularly, but it wasn't really meant to be (I dont think
at least). It's great for what it is.

>Anyway, I just got around to listening to it last night, and silly
>me...I expected it to be the exact same album as I already knew for >15
years.  But then I got to the spoken 'The Making? of Midgard' >piece,
and I wondered what the hell had happened to my disc >player...'cause I
knew that this echoed crap wasn't what I remembered >hearing before.  I
pulled out my LP copy just
>to make sure I hadn't gone crazy.  So what's the deal on that??

          !!!ANTI-Rhythm!!!

>And then in the Phased Locked Loop, I don't ever recall hearing the

  That's the only track I skip over

>automobile commercial at the end.  (I forgot to check my LP on that
>part...perhaps I'm mistaken.)  Weird.

          !!! FLEX-TIME !!!