HW: Live Chronicles reissue

Andrew Dawson adawson at CLARA.NET
Sun Aug 30 05:50:52 EDT 1998

At 16:22 30/08/98 +0800, you wrote:
>Hi all
>
>Here is the info I found on the RPM record site for this album.
>
>Hawkwind- Live Chronicles + 14 (2cd) / Digitally remastered reissue of the
>legendary space rock outfit's 1988 live album for GWR, Live Chronicles,
>which itself is a compilation of the highlights from their 1985 tour
>Chronicle of the Black Sword. This release also includes a bonus CD: a 14
>track sampler of Hawkwind tracks from the forthcoming reissues of the
>group's Bronze~GWR eras. A combines total of 38 tracks.........$18.99
>
>I suspect it is not the ful version previously released by Griffin?
>
>William

Hi folks

O.K I have this disc now. Here's the details.
It is a remaster of Live Chronicles with bonus CD
Released on Castle Communications cat No CCS CD 829

Disc 1
Remaster of original Castle release CCSCD 321

Disc 2
Magnu - From Approved History CD
Quark Strangeness & Charm - From Approved History CD
Spirit of the Age - From Live 79 CD
Who's Gonna Win the War - From Levitation CD
Ghost Dance - From Approved History CD
Master of the Universe - From Live Chronicles CD
Choose Your Masques - From Live Chronicles CD
Lost Chronicles - From The Xenon Codex CD
Tides - From The Xenon Codex CD
Wings - From Space Bandits CD
Void of Golden Light - From Palace Springs CD
Lives of Great Men - From Palace Springs CD
Techno Tropic Zone Exists - From It is the Business CD
Gimme Shelter - From It is the Business CD

Nothing new but it is a nice compilation overall.
The two CD's are picture discs of the clock face on the front cover.

The sleeve notes are written by Dave Brock part of which reads
"As most will know, we have worked with Michael Moorcock in the past and
this collaboration became one of the highlights of Hawkwind history
blending sci fi fantasy rock music and electronics. 1999 sees the beginning
of a further collaboration with Michael Moorcock and Hawkwind for a
project, Mike Butterworth's Ledge of Darkness"

For now

Andy

Andrew Dawson
adawson at clara.net
Into Hawkwind ?
Then check out the Worldwide discography.
http://home.clara.net/adawson