OFF: ROCK FAMILY TREES / ROCK COVER VERSIONS

Stuart A Hamilton xzx28 at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Mon Aug 31 08:47:41 EDT 1998

The previously mentioned BBC Rock Family Trees starts Friday
4 September.  The six programmes are;
Folk Rock [Mamas & The Papas / Lovin Spoonful]
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
The Mersey Sound
Banshees And Other Creatures
The Prog Rock Years
And God Created Manchester.

A further aside.  Trapped in a hospital ward last week with
three seventeen year olds I was subjected to MTV for 4 whole
days.  And as a collector of cover versions I was hit in the
pocket by dance versions of "I Love Rock And Roll" which has
re-emerged as "Everybody Get Up" by 5IVE, "Paradise City" by
N-TRANCE and "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet" by BUS STOP which
actually has Randy Bachman in the video looking like Jerry
Garcia.  And do you know what was worst of all.  None of my
ward mates remembered any of the originals.

God, I feel old.

NP - 5IVE - Everybody Get Up

ZEITGEIST E-ZINE & THE RECORD HUNTER at
http://www.zeitgeist-scot.com

Shamrock Multimedia, PO Box 13499, Edinburgh EH6 8YL, UK

Tel: 0966-389732  Fax: 0131-467-1827