HW/OFF: Man 1999 Party

Fri Dec 4 04:38:14 EST 1998

> I just picked up a live Man CD from the 1999 Party Tour with HW.
> My feeling
> is that this is recorded at the same gig as last year's HW 1999 Party
> release...i.e., the Chicago Auditorium on March 21, 1974.  And
> that seems to
> be confirmed by the liner notes in the booklet.  But then it says 'Live in
> Chicago, April 1974' on the cover.  And on the back cover of the booklet,
> there's a picture of a backstage pass that says, 'Hawkwind & Man' April 8,
> 1974 Orpheum.

I'm pretty sure it's the same show, but someone got the date wrong.  I like
the ad-lib before "Romain"!

They had some copies on sale at the recent Astoria show, labelled
"remaster", which seemed a bit premature...  also remasters of several other
albums, including _The Twang Dynasty_.  But after buying the _1998 at the
Star Club_ album and a sweatshirt (because it was quite chilly in there!) I
was pretty much cleaned out of cash...  they also had a rather desirable CD
of the Man tracks from the Greasy Truckers, which would be worth getting
sometime for an excellent "Spunk Rock".

- Andy