Hawkwind live tracks

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri Dec 4 13:03:13 EST 1998

I've compiled a list of what's left to identify. Some of this stuff may
be studio since it appeared on singles in the early to mid 80's. If any
of you have bits of Hawkwind bumff from about the time these albums came
out, could you check it for any comment as to tyhe source of tracks?

If we can't identify the source and the track is definitely live, it'd
be useful to identify the tour that the track came from. That's usually
possible from comparing it to a tape from the suspected tour - the style
changes between tours are usually easy to spot.

TRACK                   DATE            TOWN, VENUE

Time of the Hawklords  CD-R
---------------------
Who's Gonna Win the War?  ?
Flying Doctor             ?
Brainstorm                ?

Brainstorm could be from just about anywhere. Does anyone have this CD-R
to check? I guess FD and WGWTW? weren't played on many tours so we
should be able to limit the time period.

Watchfield/Stonehenge  (Festival HAWK1 - UK LP)     [Also Weird 103]
---------------------
Slap it on de Table      ?

This does sound like it's from a jamming session or soundcheck from
sometime 70-73?

Weird 105 - Hawkwind 1976-77
----------------------------
Flying Doctor            ?

On which tours did this track feature? Comparing it to tapes might give
us this.

Out & Intake
------------
Coded Languages [CD]     ?

I suspect the 1982 tour.

Travellers Aid Trust  (Double LP 1988)
--------------------
Brainstorm               ?
Blue Dreamer             ?
Damage of Life           ?

Was this maybe recorded at one of the festivals that Hawkwind played?
They were alleged to have played in the Travellers Field at Glastonbury
in 1987. What other festivals did they play around then? When did Damage
of Life first appear?

Weird 101 - Sonic Assassins/ Dave Brock
---------
The War                  ?

This would have to be around 80 or early 81. When did Weird 101 come out
exactly?

Weird 106 - Hawkwind 1970-73
---------
Jam                      ?
Came Home                ?

Weird 108 - Hawkwind 1966-73
---------
Live and Let Live        ?
Etchanatae               ?

Independent Days
----------------
Assault And Battery      ?
Sleep Of 1000 Tears      ?
Hurry On Sundown         ?        (same as Hawkwind Zoo)

The first two appeared on teh Zarozinia EP. Maybe all 3 are studio?

The Emergency Broadcast System Samples
--------------------------------------
Coded Languages          ?

The Ambient Anarchists
----------------------
Love in Space            ?

Acid Daze
---------
Masters of the Universe  ?
World of Tiers           ?

There can't be many tours on which world of tiers was played?

Friends And Relations
The Golden Void          ?

1986  Hawkfan 12"