Couldn't wait...

Patrick Cordiner s328171 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Sun Dec 6 09:27:07 EST 1998

Paul Mather wrote:-
> Date: Sunday, December 06, 1998 3:52 AM
> I'm not quite sure here, but are you saying the Hawkwind EMI >remasters
blow chunks?  (They are the first Hawkwind albums.)  >They sound pretty
spiffy to me.

No, I think the remastered albums have totally managed to perfect the
Hawkwind sound and translate it especially well for high performance
stereos, it was just I was recently comparing the sound of the CD
unmastered and remastered versions of `In Search of Space' and found that
the original could have been better produced for its day

> So what are you saying?  That Deep Purple and Black Sabbath >were a load
of Milli Vanillis and Frankie Goes to Hollywoods who >covered up their lack
of playing/musical ability with slick studio >trickery??  If so, I'd say
that was insulting, and would humbly >disagree.

Not at all!! Just that it seems as if D.P. put a lot more effort into
tweaking the technology of the studio than Hawkwind, and personally I think
Hawkwind put more effort into their actual song construction outside of the
studio (pre-Levitation era of course) but then failed to translate this
onto vinyl as cleverly as D.P. and Black Sabbath managed to.

Patrick.