BOC: So Much Stuff

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Mon Dec 7 10:43:07 EST 1998

Damn so much good stuff...must coincide with the return of Steve Swann...

> So, I just signed back on after an extended absence (I got married to
> former boc-l listmember "Lurking Girl", now Tori Swann), and I don't

Congradulations to you both...

>The Subhuman was a remarkable choice to start the album, enough of a
jazzy-feel with a solid foundation in intelligent rock and roll to have
prevented the song from becoming "fusion jazz" pastiche.  The drums, bass,
keyboards, vocals and lead guitar were remarkable.  Everything worked.  This
is one of my top three BOC songs; Astronomy (ST version) and Flaming
Telepaths are the other two.

Oh my this is scary!  How could two people feel the same way about  three
songs?  Are we related?

>Another free CD which contains;
Kings X - Fade

Have you played this one yet Z?  Have you heard Tapehead?  Can you point me
to one of your reviews?

>Eric is playing some pretty good stun guitar, vocals are definitely top
> notch.

Theo>Is it Eric or Allen?  EB played a lot of synth around that time.
Don't have the albums here to check...

Has to be Alan on keyboards and Eric on guitar.  Guitar parts are pretty
simple and the keys are way too fluid.

> This is not Buck's best solo guitar work.  If anything he really sounds
> restrained with headphones on.

Theo>As great as BD is, he struggled a bit live in the early days.
He could be brilliant in one part, and so-so in the next.
Nowadays, he's flat-out [ouch!] brilliant live...

I wouldn't call it struggling, more like restrained.  In the 70's Buck
looked really uncomfortable on stage...a confidence problem?  I dunno I just
recall the little guy in the white suit seemingly afriad to look out at the
audience.

Good to have you back Mr. Swann...was ready to blame the lack of BOC content
on you but since you were not here it seemed rather pointless.  8>).

L8er
Ghost in the Ruins

OBCDFroogin' at work today -

Hawkwind Live '79