BOC: Reference to BOC in 'Police Academy' movie?

Warrick Bell wbell at TECHNO.KING.NET
Wed Dec 9 20:14:41 EST 1998

Greetings...

This isn't listed in the FAQ as a 'BOC-sighting' in a movie, and I
wondered if it was just my memory playing tricks or if others could verify
it.
I seem to recall that in some terrible movie from the early 80's--and I
think it was in the first Police Academy movie though I can't be sure of
this--there was a bar named 'The Blue Oyster Club.'  The bar was populated
with gay bikers dressed in leather, a la Eric B.  Anyone know if this is a
legitimate slur on BOC's good name, and why?

Warrick Bell

<wbell at techno.king.net>
http://techno.king.net/~wbell/
http://www.library.csi.cuny.edu/westweb/