BOC: Metallica a l'astronome

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Tue Dec 15 13:46:27 EST 1998

On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 16:37:51 -0500, Bolts of Ungodly Vision
<js3619 at WIZVAX.NET> wrote:

>Here's what Addicted to Noise sez aboot the much mentioned CD set:
>                    Just Some Cover Band ...
>                     By Michael Snyder

        [snip]

>But the rest of that first disc, subtitled "New Recordings '98," takes on a
>panoply of material from artists that range in diversity from lumpen,
>prole-metal band Mercyful Fate to metal-pop cult faves the Misfits...

The Misfits a METAL band?????!!! What is mr. Snyder smoking?!?  The thought
of ANY of that band's guitarists (I think they went through 3 or 4 over the
years) playing a heavy metal solo (or any guitar solo of more than one
note) has me in stitches!

        -Doug (whose band's version of "Last Caress" sounds NOTHING like Metallica)
         ceres at sirius.com