BOC: Re: Heaven Forbid, I'm back!

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Thu Dec 17 06:44:22 EST 1998

> From:          Paul Mather <paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU>
>
> => for being just weak, and "X-Ray Eyes" for an irritating chorus and lazy
> => lyrics - "in the fifties, Ray Milland", like he couldn't really be arsed
> => what year the film really came out, probably the fifties, no point in
> => checking, that'll be good enough (1964 in fact).  (That annoys me more than
> => it should, maybe I'm still more anal retentive than I like to think I am :)
>
> Maybe they stumbled over the little-known fact that, ever the
> perfectionist, Ray Milland rehearsed the part literally for years before
> he felt he had it "right enough" to do the film?

Jeez, hasn't anyone heard of poetic license?  These are rock songs
fer crissakes!  I think JS purposely used 'the 50s' because it's a
phrase that calls to mind an older era.

BTW, I just cataloged a whole book filled with continuity gaffes
from the Xfiles.  So I guess there's a keen interest in this kind of
trainspotting...

theo