BOC Heaven Forbid

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Thu Dec 17 12:09:58 EST 1998

JS>I like it.  It's very different from "old BOC", but at least 10 years
have
past, members have come and gone, and the music scene in general has
changed.  Expecting *Secret Treaties II* would be wrong.  I like it very
much, although I'm sure part of that is because I had to wait so long
to get it.

Ya, HF is a fine album which I enjoy a great deal.  Are the lyrics weak?
Ya, compared to the past.  Is some of the music/songs less than inspiring?
Ya compared to the past.  One shouldn't judge HF against the past however,
take it for the "hear and now".  A good effort by a band that has struggled
with a lot of different things over the past ten years.  I have this one
ranked over a great many of the past albums, its in the high middle section
if that makes sense.  I would also suggest that folks hear songs like
Harvest Moon, SYIB and Live For Me live.

I'll also put a stake in the ground for both Damaged and the Real World.
After Moon these two are my faves, becuase neither is a typical BOC song but
both give me a lot of pleasure.

On a different note -

>I'm listening to the Hammersmith disc of Rush's _Different Stages_ right
now, and during "Working Man," Geddy drops "Watney's Red Barrel" into
the lyric.  Nik Turner also does this in "Utopia '84."

Brew aside Paul how do you like Different Stages?  I'm no die hard Rush fan
but I'm loving this package.  I rank Disc three, Hammersmith show first,
followed by disc two then disc one.

Ghost in the Ruins

OBCD Recommendation for Theo - Rush Different Stages (hehehehehehehehehe)