OFF: American Football

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Thu Dec 17 12:20:55 EST 1998

> From:          "BREVARD, Adrian R." <abrevard at SHL.COM>

> The only team to win Superbowls without great QB's have been the Redskins 3
> times and the 70 fins twice.  Aikman, while not as good as a few years ago
> is a top QB.

Yet, ironically, Super Bowl winners win it on the ground!  And I
think you could include the Jim McMahon Bears with the two you
mention.  Last year, the Broncs wouldn't have even needed Elway.
Hell, anyone could have handed the ball to Davis and let him do his
work.  But you're point's taken, and I think the best teams are good
teams all-round, c.f. 49ers and Steelers:  Great QB's but also a
solid running game.  If you can keep the ball away from your opponent
by controlling the clock with your ground game, most of the time,
you'll win...

theo