OFF: Metallica's Astronomy

Chip Hart chip at PCC.COM
Fri Dec 18 08:53:08 EST 1998

> And unfortunately spawned so many, MANY horrible offspring. Worst I
> remember from the 80s was Exodus.

        Actually, Exodus, if anything, spawned Metallica.  What band do
        you think Hammet came from?

        _Bonded By Blood_ is an acquired taste, but if you want to hear
        some sick, sick, sick riffing, try "Pleasures of the Flesh" or
        "Fabulous Disaster."  While I'm not a fan of either of their
        "singers," both of their guitarists are excellent and their
        original drummer (Tom Holdt?) was *incredible*.

> That said, I think "One" is an awesome video...and I'll admit to some
> involuntary groovin' whenever I hear "Sandman".

        Enter Sandman has *nothing* to do with the genre in question,
        imo.

--
Chip Hart                           *                        chip @ pcc.com
Physicians's Computer Company       *              http://www.pcc.com/~chip