OFF: Metallica

Stephen Swann swann at PLUTONIA.COM
Fri Dec 18 09:48:32 EST 1998

Carl Edlund Anderson writes:

> On tor 17 dec 1998 22.39 +0000 "Andy Gilham" <Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM>
> wrote:
> > Now, if someone can explain Guns'n'Roses to me... :)
>
>      Easily.  G&R produced a perfectly good schlock-bluesy pop-metal
> debut album.  Wildman singer with long blond hair, "mysterious" looking
> guitarist with dark hair ... we've seen it all before :)  Both sexes of
> teeny-bopper dug it.  Even if the band hadn't subsequently collapsed
> under the singer's delusions of grandeur, one can't see it having
> gone much farther.  If they'd been wise, they would have faked their
> deaths in a tragic plane crash and reaped the record sales of lamented
> geniuses cut off in their prime.  As it is, well ... ;)

The funny thing is, I remember laughing when Izzy Stradlin left to go
form the Ju Ju Hounds: "Oh, look, the rythm guitarist is leaving to
form his own band!  Bet *that'll* really be a really rockin' album!".

The funny thing is, it *was* a really rockin' album, and it totally
kicked the ass of that bloated Use Your Illusion disaster.

Steve
swann at plutonia.com