BOC/Doors: Watney's Red Barrel

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Fri Dec 18 10:31:34 EST 1998

> From:          "<Nick English>" <nick at THECAMPUS.COM>
>
> What is/was BOC's fascination with the Doors? In addition to the
> Cult's version of Roadhouse, when I saw Cult Brothers, Joe did, like,
> three or four Doors songs. Although a rabid BOC fan, I never liked
> the Doors one bit.

Well, the Doors had kinky lyrics and spooky music...Sound like any
other band we all like?

When BOC first came out, some critics heralded them as successors to
the Doors.  In fact, there was a stick-on blurb on the shrink wrap
for Tyranny quoting rave reviews for BOC, and one of them was about a
Doors/BOC comparison...

theo