HW: Distand Horizons/Dave Brock etc

DAMON CAPEHART monsieur at MYMAIL.NET
Sun Feb 1 01:41:57 EST 1998

On Thu, 29 Jan 1998 10:00:12 -0500 John Majka <flossbac at WCIC.ORG> wrote:
>What is funny is his statement that they were "pressed for time" which
>is nothing
>more than a lie.  Keep in mind that these days Brock owns his own
studio and
>all the stuff is recorded there, at Hawkwind's leisure.  Time is not an
>issue anymore, since they can spend as long as they like in the studio.
>think the "pressed for time" statement is a cop-out.  Heck, they can't
even
>claim that the label is pressuring them for an album, since they are on
>their own label--they keep their own schedule.

Actually, the way I figure (which may be wrong), Doug Smith had
something to do with it.  After all, consider that the band were
apparently REALLY pissed off at him for - as I recall - being hasty and
encouraging the band to be hasty with Distant Horizons.  Please correct
me if I'm wrong.

Damon Capehart