HW Cookies

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Mon Feb 2 15:21:38 EST 1998

On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Kevin Perry wrote:

> Anyone else noticed that there's a HW quote in one of the recent releases of
> Uinx (Solaris)?  One of the cookies is:
>
> It is the business of the future to be dangerous.
> Hawkwind.

This quote has been in the "fortune" command database for ages.  I'd say
at least BSD 4.3, if not earlier.  AFAIK, it is the only
Hawkwind-related fortune in there (or at least as far as OpenBSD 2.1 is
concerned), i.e.:

gromit% fortune -im hawkwind
%% (fortunes)
It is the business of the future to be dangerous.
                -- Hawkwind

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Pink Floyd, _Meddle_

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"I didn't mean to take up all your sweet time"
        --- James Marshall Hendrix