BOC: 1/31 Seattle Show

P Worley inhaler at U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Mon Feb 2 20:35:52 EST 1998

Went to the show Saturday, it has to be the best BOC concert I've seen, at
least as far as sound quality.  Eric was at his ebullient best, and Buck
was awesome.  I could actually hear Allen's playing through the rest of
the band, something not always true of past concerts.  Eric's voice
sounded fine, though he didn't sing on that many songs (6, I think).

The show was at the King Cat Theatre, an actual theatre seating around
1000 (packed house), with great acoustics and not a bad seat in the house.

Anyway, here is the set list:

Stairway to the Stars
Redcap
ETI
Harvest Moon
Buck's Boogie
OD'd on Life Itself
The Vigil
Live For Me
Flaming Telepaths
See You in Black
Last Days of May
In Thee (acoustic/drumless)
Burnin'
Godzilla (w/great extended bass solo and drum solo)
Reaper
The Red & The Black (encore)

I was disappointed in that they played only 1 song for an encore, but oh
well.  They seemed pretty tired by the end of the show (Alan, Buck, and
Eric anyway), they had shows the previous and following nights.

Got a taste of 'BOC Unplugged' when they played 'In Thee', with Alan on
acoustic guitar - it sounded really nice.

A couple of memorable moments; During the bass solo in Godzilla, and
during Reaper, somebody managed to climb on stage and dance around a bit;
both times, the roadies ran out and hurled them out into the crowd.

Also, during the intro to Godzilla, when EB was doing his 'what's that I
hear' bit, he uttered 'Uh oh, there goes Tukwila!', which is pretty
f**king hilarious if you live around here (small hokey town, etc.).

They also had new (since I last saw them) t-shirts for sale; black, with
an ME-262 flying in a large blue circle on the front, and 'BOC - On Tour
Forever' on the back.  Went to get one after I'd got to my seat, and by
then they were sold out.  Looked really nice too.

-PWW

--
Peter William Worley
inhaler at u.washington.edu