HW: OFF: What Mark said about Dave Brock applies to Edgar Froese, too!

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Feb 3 05:47:43 EST 1998

Mark Edmonds writes:

> Actually, I would substitute Lilly on the Beach instead of Underwater
> *Twilight* (I think). I very nearly gave up on TD once the Private Music
> era was over and they were releasing tosh like 220 Volts Live and the
> next studio album.

Yep. I'd been a longtime TD fan (since Ricochet anyway) and gave up from
Lily on the Beach onwards.

> When Goblins Club came out, I was shocked at the
> terrible sleeve and resolved to only buy it when at a sale price. This I
> did recently and much to my surprise, its actually pretty good,
> certainly the best they have done for some time. Don't know about Oasis
> or Tournado as I haven't got them yet but maybe they have turned the
> corner at last.

Tournado mis as good as GC. Neither are a Force Majeure but I'd say the
band are definitely back on track. Only about ten wasted years then.

Other TD fans I know are pretty much of the same mind.

> Mark

FoFP