HW: questions on gig with Pink Floyd

Frank Weil frankw at COMM.MOT.COM
Tue Feb 3 12:44:33 EST 1998

I have some news from Rob Godwin, plus a complete shot-in-the-dark
request.

First, Rob just sent me some e-mail saying (slightly edited)

   The Griffin Music Hawkwind CDs are still available by mail order
   from:

        http://www.cgpublishing.com

   There is a link there to Griffin which is still in business. It was
   bought out by a British telecommunications company and CGP is still
   handling the mail order sales of the old inventory. Anything that
   is on the Griffin site can still be ordered by check or money order
   from CGP at our address.

Also, he has a question about the only gig where Hawkwind played on
the same bill as Pink Floyd.  The show is listed as being in Bourget,
France, on March 30, 1970. The festival name is "La Festival Musique
Evolution", played at the Hall des Expositions, Bourget, France.

Here are my questions first.

1) I have a Hawkwind gig listed on March 29, 1970, in Paris at a
   festival.  Is this the same show?  I believe that the March 30 date
   for the festival is correct.

2) I'm pretty sure that Paris has a venue called "Le Bourget".  Is
   this place they played for that gig?  If so, is it really in Paris
   or is it only near Paris?

Now, Rob's question is that he is looking for an advert for the show
for the book he is writing on the history of Progressive Rock.  Does
anyone have such an advertisement?  If not, does anyone have any leads
at all as to how he might obtain one?

Thanks for the help.

Frank