HW: Hello I'm back yet again

Carl E Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Tue Feb 3 18:40:05 EST 1998

On tis 3 feb 1998 13.44 -0500 Walrus <walrus at THORAZINE.NEURON.NET> wrote:
> i recently got nik turner's space ritual 94.. it is actually better than
> expected.. anyone see that show? i heard it was quite something

     Yup, and it was.  The CD doesn't come close to doing it justice.

> also any suggections for new hw cd's worth getting? the most recent i
have
> is teepee, someone told me business wasnt worth getting.. alien 4 is
> sposed to be good (how does it compare to teepee?), and i'm not sure
about
> the new one (is it true theres a new lead singer? i can't imagine hw
> without dave singing tho!)

     Alien 4 is pretty good, IMO.  I think it's high points aren't as high
as ET, but it's low points aren't as low either.  IITBOTFTBD is, IMO,
pretty crap.  The live _The Business Trip_ is pretty cool though, as is
the live _Love in Space_ (which contains the only released decent version
of "LIS" other than the VH-1 performance).  _Distant Horizons_ isn't
_bad_, but it is very uneven.  It's got some quite good tracks and some
rubbish.

     All IMO :)

     The new front man is Ron Tree, and the new lead guitarist is Jerry
Richards.

Cheers,
Carl

--