OFF: utter bollocks.

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Feb 6 10:28:50 EST 1998

In article <SIMEON.9802051351.F at cc55.pub.brad.ac.uk>, Nick Widdows
<N.Widdows at BRADFORD.AC.UK> writes
> I never started the subject. And I'm not moralising
>either. As I said, I call it how I see it. I'm not trying
>to force opinions on people, I hate people who do that.
>----------------------
>Nick Widdows

And I hate people who criticise people without reason. I despise
prejudice in general, and am particularly down on veiled misogyny.

Listen, sunshine, I've not flamed a soul in the two or three years I've
been here but saying "Nothing wrong with strippers but..." _is_
moralising. "I call 'em as I see 'em " means nothing and you've said it
twice. Having a different opinion to your own is not forcing anything
on you. In this case _my_ opinion is that _your_ opinion is mis-
informed, prejudiced, unfair, judgmental and puerile. OK?

Furthermore you didn't answer my questions. Call 'em as you see 'em, but
please, Nick, tell us how you see 'em, then. Enlighten us as to your
opinion-forming process.

I re-iterate : In what way do you feel her performance could
have been improved? How do you feel her past has affected her work?
What precisely draws you to cast aspersions?

or tell us something about Hawkwind.

--
Jon