Your captain is dead...

Mon Feb 9 04:36:25 EST 1998

On Sunday, February 08, 1998 11:58 PM, Walrus
[SMTP:walrus at THORAZINE.NEURON.NET] wrote:
> Well, I was reading the sleeve notes of Stasis, and it said that the
> single release of Silver Machine was originally with Bob Calvert on
> vocals, but was later changed to Lemmy (I thought Dave sounded funny that
> day!)
> So, my question is, is the original version of Silver Machine with Bob on
> vocals available?  Am I a moron for even asking?  Also, it's Bob who
> sings
> Kadu Flyer right?

It's on the Glastonbury Fayre triple LP.  Availability dubious!  And it was
probably a good decision to overdub the vocals!

It's Turner on KF.

> Re Nik Turner:
> I was thinking of getting another Nik CD (to complement Space Ritual 94),
> any suggestions? I saw one with Opa Loka on it (can't remember which
one),

> anyone heard that and can recommend it?

IMO, what you should really be looking out for are the new reissue of
Xitintoday, and the ICU complete works (come in Mr Pond).

-Andy

ObCD: Dark Carnival (Ron Asheton reunited with Niagara from DAM!) - _The
Last Great Ride_