HW: Your captain is dead...

Martyn Lawrence martynl at FUJITSU.COM.AU
Tue Feb 10 16:14:57 EST 1998

Hi

> lead guitar and replacing Bob's Lyric with Lemmy's.  Interesting though, Bob
> handles all the vocals on the  ORIGINAL 7 by 7 B-side, but even though he was
> on the Space Ritual tour, he didn't do the live vocals. (Or DID he do the live
> vocals, which were then replaced by Dave's in the studio? - the cover did say
> that there were some overdubs!) Further releases of 7 by 7 had the live
> version, with Dave on the main vocal. There may have been yet another version
> too!

Im sure this is mentioned in one of the hawkfans,7x7 had a different ending whenit was first released,something about a guitar solo.

> I must admit, I enjoyed 7 by 7 on thr Teepee tour very much indeed. I heard a
> rumour that the track was played in some of the summer 1985 gigs - is this true

Well they played it at the reading gig along with some of the COTBS material.
Song of the swords was different to how it ended up.

I have a tape of one of those gigs with it on,if you want it let me know.

Someone also wrote about Clive Deamer and Portishead,you can see what he looks
like on the ECT show or whatever it was called,and there's an lp with some
photos of him with Harvey but cant remember which one.

regards

Marty