HW: Your captain is dead, part 2

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Tue Feb 10 01:19:32 EST 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Walrus <walrus at THORAZINE.NEURON.NET>
To: Multiple recipients of list BOC-L <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Date: Wednesday, February 11, 1998 2:13
Subject: HW: Your captain is dead, part 2

>well, i just remembered the other thing i was gonna ask about, and a few
>more things popped in my head, so here goes:
>
>i) how did bob calvert die? (OD, illness?)

A massive heart attack!

>ii) now i'm interested in what songs bob does sing (it feels like the
>john/paul dilemma when i first started listening to the beatles). when did
>bobjoin the band as a singer? does he sing on xisos/sr/asam/hotmg/woteot?

He sings the majority of material on the albums Astounding Sounds...,
Quark..., PXR5, 25 Years On, Hawklords Live, and some others from the
Hawklords & Sonic Assassins period. He also sings on the original Urban
Guerilla & Orgone Accumulator tracks. There's bound to be others I've
forgot!

>iii) why was nik sacked from the band and was dave's "new sound" he wanted
>for hw ever appear? if this is qsac then i guess the sound maybe slightly
>different but in essence the same right? (is that bob singing on qsac?)

That's Bob singing.