OFF: Destroy! exhibition

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed Feb 11 13:14:18 EST 1998

Andy Gilham writes:

> there too, which would have been ironic (but thankfully no!).  In fact it
> would have been illuminating to have put, say _ISOS_ next to the Costello
> sleeve to show that there was actaully some continuity between pre- and
> post-punk, but that would have been against the thesis of the show (such as
> it was).  And _25 Years On_ (one of Barney's, yes, though not typical of
> his HW work?) would have been one of the best pieces in the show, had it
> been included (and it would have been very relevant for obvious reasons).

my memory just wandered off on tangent here...

apparently the album sleeve of the Imperial Pompadours "Ersatz" looked
like an album by Elvis Costello and (according to a bloke in a record
shop who seemed to know these things) this was the reason that Ersatz
sold extremely well when it first came out - people bought it thinking
it was EC.

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk