OFF: Chrome tour date(s)

Kenneth Magnusson bishop.garden at FALKOPING.MAIL.TELIA.COM
Wed Feb 11 13:33:06 EST 1998

Hi

>> Exactly my thoughts, there is no Hawkwind anymore just two bands doing
>> Hawkwind-covers, no I didn't say that they are bad, just that I think that
>> the magic is gone. I hope that they can get it together for the promotion
>> of the 1999 Party and that they can avoid just being nostalgic.
>
>well, i know what you are saying, and agree with you to some extent. but that
>is not what i meant. i was actually being playfully sarcastic.  it's all
>hawkwind to me.  i dont bicker about which version it is. if its got the
>sound, and the feel, its hawkwind. i wouldnt say the magic is gone, but
>altered.rj

Yes, of course, but I don't think that the Hawks in the nineties have got
the right sound or feel to be Hawkwind, the closest anyone been to the real
Hawkfeel in the nineties was Nik on Space Ritual '94, but it has happened
before. Like the Levitation line-up, Ginger Baker had no feeling,
whatsoever, for the old material, just listen to Death Trap on Do Not
Panic, it's horrible. Last time Hawkwind were Hawkwind was on Palace
Springs, I really like It's The Business... and Business Trip, but You
don't get the unfocused dreamy look, do You ? I must put in a brasklapp
here, I haven't heard the last one yet...

Kenneth

Bishop Garden Records
Box 747
521 22 Falkoping
SWEDEN
Tel +46 (0)515 823 08
bishop.garden at falkoping.mail.telia.com

The Moor
http://www3.tripnet.se/~hmm/moor/

The Moor Tour Info
http://www.thing.de/projekte/future/themoor.htm

This message was transmitted from a MicroSoft-free device.