OFF: Chrome tour date(s)

Troy Harris fiskare at WEBCONCEPT.COM.AU
Wed Feb 11 22:24:07 EST 1998

At 19:33 11/02/98 +0100, Kenneth Magnusson wrote:
>Hi
>
>>> Exactly my thoughts, there is no Hawkwind anymore just two bands doing
>>> Hawkwind-covers, no I didn't say that they are bad, just that I think that
>>> the magic is gone. I hope that they can get it together for the promotion
>>> of the 1999 Party and that they can avoid just being nostalgic.
>>
>>well, i know what you are saying, and agree with you to some extent. but that
>>is not what i meant. i was actually being playfully sarcastic.  it's all
>>hawkwind to me.  i dont bicker about which version it is. if its got the
>>sound, and the feel, its hawkwind. i wouldnt say the magic is gone, but
>>altered.rj
>
>Yes, of course, but I don't think that the Hawks in the nineties have got
>the right sound or feel to be Hawkwind, the closest anyone been to the real
>Hawkfeel in the nineties was Nik on Space Ritual '94, but it has happened
>before. Like the Levitation line-up, Ginger Baker had no feeling,
>whatsoever, for the old material, just listen to Death Trap on Do Not
>Panic, it's horrible. Last time Hawkwind were Hawkwind was on Palace
>Springs, I really like It's The Business... and Business Trip, but You
>don't get the unfocused dreamy look, do You ? I must put in a brasklapp
>here, I haven't heard the last one yet...
>
>Kenneth

 yep, gotta agree here.  Nik is doing Hawkwind a little better than they are
at the moment. with Past or Future and the 1994 thing.
  But the Hawks have never been static, have they?  They always change, but
the last couple of versions habe not hit the spot have they?  But, I can
imagine those among us who have been long standing fans would have had seen
some versions which were not too good in their opinions either.  Some dont
like the neo punk stuff, others dont like the metallish stuff...whatever.

    Troy

>Bishop Garden Records
>Box 747
>521 22 Falkoping
>SWEDEN
>Tel +46 (0)515 823 08
>bishop.garden at falkoping.mail.telia.com
>
>The Moor
>http://www3.tripnet.se/~hmm/moor/
>
>The Moor Tour Info
>http://www.thing.de/projekte/future/themoor.htm
>
>This message was transmitted from a MicroSoft-free device.

        Troy Harris

        fiskare at webconcept.com.au

                 P O Box 1066
                 Mornington Vic.   3931