OFF: The Tea Party

Peter Sondergeld p.sondergeld at QUT.EDU.AU
Thu Feb 12 09:32:06 EST 1998

At 09:46 AM 12/02/98 +0000, you wrote:
>On tor 12 feb 1998 00.02 -0800 "herbert rosenberg"
><chuck at GENESISNETWORK.NET> wrote:
>> Does anyone remember my urging 1-2 years ago about how everyone should
>go out and buy The Tea Party? Well, Transmission wasn't what I had in mind
>at the time (especially since it wasn't released yet). I still say buy
>Splendor Solis and Edges of Twilight. Transmission is, in my mind, a
>sell-out, catering quite a bit to the current electronic-pop trend...
>(though, if you can get your mind off that, it might not be too bad,
>actually).
>****
>
>     I picked up Splendor Solis, and it is damn good.  Haven't gotten
>Edges of Twilight ... yet.
>
>Cheers,
>Carl

SS and EoT are the only two I've got and I heartily agree that they are
both well worth having. Fine songs, powerful vox, sharp playing. I haven't
heard Transmission, though - after hearing an interview with the band when
they toured Oz I didn't think it would appeal to my biased tastes in music.

Oh, and while I think of it, does anyone know how a tBS' _Eponymous_ CD
turned up in a Brisbane 2nd hand shop recently? Surely it didn't come from
a boc-ler?! My good fortune, of course, but really...

Pete.

ObCD: Teenage Fanclub - _Songs From Northern Britain_
(It won't change your life, but Big Star fans will pick the influence
immediately. I hear they've even "collaborated" with Alex Chilton at some
point, whatever that means)

Peter Sondergeld
p.sondergeld at qut.edu.au

"I'm no stranger to hard work - more of a nodding acquaintance." - D.G. Harris