OFF: The Tea Party

Ted Alger talger at PIPELINE.COM
Thu Feb 12 17:22:29 EST 1998

>Does anyone remember my urging 1-2 years ago about how everyone should go
>out >and buy The Tea Party? Well, Transmission wasn't what I had in mind
>at the time >(especially since it wasn't released yet). I still say buy
>Splendor Solis and >Edges of Twilight. Transmission is, in my mind, a
>sell-out, catering quite a >bit to the current electronic-pop trend...
>(though, if you can get your mind >off that, it might not be too bad,
>actually).
>If anyone is interested in hearing some of the most mind-blowing music
>ever >recorded, send me a tape.
>And no, I'm not a promotor, nor am I from Canada, I'm just passionate
>about >music. And they've hit it big w/Trans, so they don't need any
>underground >promo...
>Charlie

don't know if I was on the list then.....I got it at the urging of
some people on the Queensryche newsgroup.  they came up while we
were discussing Fates Warning, QR and some others....not that they
sound anything like either of those two.  haven't heard the other
two discs, but I like Transmission, so I'll probably hunt them down

Ted