Xitintoday/Imperial Pompadours

Steve Pond Steve at DOREMI.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Feb 11 17:20:43 EST 1998

On Thu, 12 Feb 1998 18:46:54 +0000, you sent through the ether:

>Someone mentioned the Imperial Pompadours LP(I think it was Jill)..
>
>Has anyone got this....if so what does it sound like?

It`s fantastic. Barneys finest hour.. If you`re quick (I`m going to stop
making `em when it breaks even) you can get the ICU Mp3 CD-ROM which has
a full copy of the album on it from the ICU web site..

>I was chatting to John Hughes many moons past(He used to run the Calvert
>info service, and was Sound engineer on the tour
>Calvert did with Maximum Effect).  He said that he actually had the
>masters for the Pompadours album!

Not true. he "allegedly" has a 7ips copy of the master, the ownership of
which is dubious, all the ICU archives are with Jon too.. unfortunately
he is to put it mildly disorganized.. Fred and I get back what we can
when we can, but it`s never enough.. :) I want the 8 track demo Fred & I
made of "Owselys World" back! I paid for it, it`s mine! grrr...

>(He had video footage and mixing desk recording of the tour)

I have a pretty good DAT of one of those shows which I`ve been meaning
to clean up for ages..

>He's the guy who put out the ICU best of CD, it was going to be followed
>by a live Calvert CD but he didn't have the
>finance in the end.

I doubt he`d have put out a Calvert one, he has no claim on it, at least
with ICU he can pretty much get Fred, Trevor, Mick, Nik & I on the phone
and see if we`re into it. I don`t think anyone (except maybe John) made
any money from the "Passout" release, and personally I would have like
to have seen better bonus tracks and a proper sleeve..  gripe gripe.

-Steve
-www.doremi.co.uk/icu