Xitintoday/Imperial Pompadours

c mumford cannibal at CUTEY.COM
Thu Feb 12 19:25:48 EST 1998

At 18:46 12.02.98 +0000, you wrote:
>I have the CD rerelease of Xitintoday, and it's excellent ;-)
>
>I would recommend anyone to get it....Tim Blake on Synths and Steve
>Hillage as well...

Tasty... my vinyl dub is a little too organic sounding....

>Someone mentioned the Imperial Pompadours LP(I think it was Jill)..
>
>Has anyone got this....if so what does it sound like?

Just like the album included on the top-notch essential 100% groove
simulated ICU CDrom... - the second side of Imperial Pompadours is a
monster mindblower... (well, _imagining_ "second side", it being in this
case an MP3 file stored on a CD). Yet it is much more mindblowing than just
that.. the Imperial Pompadours is an excellent lp...

>I was chatting to John Hughes many moons past(He used to run the Calvert
>info service, and was Sound engineer on the tour
>Calvert did with Maximum Effect).  He said that he actually had the
>masters for the Pompadours album!

Steve Pond's vinyl is the only true master now!

>(He had video footage and mixing desk recording of the tour)
>
>He's the guy who put out the ICU best of CD,

Now this I haven't heard of... what's it called??

speaking of, anyone seen the recent avalanche of Pink Fairies reissues/comps?

> it was going to be followed
>by a live Calvert CD but he didn't have the
>finance in the end...

Well, if it was the Queen Elizebath Hall it came out anyway :)

Christian