Xitintoday/Imperial Pompadours

Steve Pond Steve at DOREMI.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Feb 12 14:36:43 EST 1998

On Fri, 13 Feb 1998 17:59:22 +0000, you sent through the ether:

>There were several gigs listed one at Carlisle Stars and Stripes
>One at Albert Dock Liverpool, and one at Hull claiming to be over 2
>hours and professionally produced....
>
>Has anyone seen any of that footage...I'm particularly interested in the
>Carlisle one(because it's where I grew up)...

I`ve never seen any of these (Hey I was only in the band, like he`d tell
me about `em..) but Iu do have the audio from Carlisle on DAT, it sounds
fab.. gimmie some time and I`ll make a CD out of it..

I wouldn`t imagine the video would be much fun to watch, only 2 of us
standing up and certainly no actual movement.. :) ..I can`t even
remember playing Hull.. The Albert Docks one would be V funny, that was
a ICU show with Calvert guesting, he totally lost it that night railing
against M. Thatcher between most songs.. I remember we didn`t play too
well that night tho`... worst ever ever version of all a Bob dylan song
whose title escapes me, and I think if you ever hear the audio you`ll
realise I never knew how to play it before we played it and I didn`t
learn during.. :/

Keep prodding me about the carlisle audio..

-Steve