HW: DH Lyrics (long)

Max Wilcox s333271 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Sat Feb 14 16:25:02 EST 1998

Hi all,

                I spent this morning decoding the lyrics to Distant
Horizons, and I thought I’d post my findings here. Some of the lyrics are
quite difficult to discern, and in the ones that I couldn’t work out
particular words, I’d just put a word that vaguely sounds like what’s sung.
I did this so when you listen to the song, you can say to yourself “no, that
’s not what Ron said, it sounds more like
”.
                The main problem song was “Phetamine Street”. The problem
word being the ones that sounds like “Nephadrean” or something like it. I’d
say that Ron made up the word, but it could be a real one that I don’t know
about. Other options for that word are:- “Nephadream”, “Nephadrine”, etc.
                Anyway, see what you think about what I’ve got so far

- Max Wilcox

                                                Distant Horizons
                                                   (EBS) 1997
1. Distant Horizons
(Brock/Chadwick)
Instrumental.

2. Phetamine Street
(Tree)
Phetamine, Nephadrean, Ketamine.
Phetamine, Nephadrean, Ketamine, monochrome, future self.
Nephadrean, Ketamine, On your own.
Nephadrean, Ketamine, monochrome, future self, Ketamine.
Nephadrean, Ketamine, monochrome.
Nephadrean, monochrome, Phetamine, in your dreams, in your head.
Nephadrean, monochrome, on your own.
Nephadrean, in your dreams, onyx sea, future scene, future dream.
Nephadrean, future dream, onyx sea.
Nephadrean.
Ketamine, Nephadrean, Phetamine.
Nephadrean, Nephadrean, there’s a dream.
You better be, gonna see.
Monochrome, on your own, future zone.
Nephadrean, Phetamine, Ketamine, monochrome.
On your own, future zone, now you see.
Phetamine, future scene, monochrome.
Phetamine, monochrome, Phetamine dream,
Future’s been seen, monochrome.
Phetamine dream, monochrome.
Phetamine dream.
When you’re walking down the streets
Feel it race, feel it pulse
Phetamine dream, Phetamine vision, in your eyes.
Phetamine dream, monochrome, on your own.
Phetamine dream.
Phetamine (repeat)
Monochrome, on your own, in your head, in your dreams
Onyx Sea.

3. Waimea Canyon Drive
(Brock)
Waimea Canyon Drive.
On the Waimea Canyon Drive.
On the Waimea Canyon Drive.
On the Waimea Canyon Drive.
On the Waimea Canyon Drive.
On the Waimea Canyon Drive.
On the Waimea Canyon Drive.

? of yourself for what you’re going to do.
Life is ? not easy, it is up to you.
?
?

On the Waimea Canyon Drive.
On the Waimea Canyon Drive.

4. Alchemy
(Richards/Chadwick)
Instrumental.

5. Clouded Vision
(Brock)
Although I look with clouded vision,
On a stormy atmosphere,
Resources of the world are diminishing,
Where do we go from here?

Terror is not the answer,
Though it is a shame to see,
Will I ever discover,
What lies in store for me?
What lies in store for me?
What lies in store for me?
What lies in store for me?

Those promises are major investments,
>From companies that have much to gain,
Violent demonstrations,
It’s all happening again.

I know a dozen reasons,
But I still cannot seem to find,
That elusive question,
The answer lies within your mind.
The answer lies within your mind.
The answer lies within your mind.
The answer lies within your mind.

6. Reptoid Vision
(Tree)
The crown is written, gold into lead,
Mercury switch, and the atom is split,
Hydrogen wire, and burning your eyes,
Wheels a plane through the crack in the sky.

Circuit-board skin is whats in my limbs
Atom blamed cell in a nuclear mind,
Roach car tails sick radio active,
Two thousand cockroach on a nuclear subway.

Reptiod vision, silicon eyes,
Brain switched on, kiss the pilot goodbye,
A metallic claw, scratching my brain,
My feet are itching on the suicide train.

Tony was a loony, and the loony as well,
Loony was a waiter in the loony hotel,
? laugh all the colour of red,
Ripped silk reptile in my head.

Digital crystals, skyscrape the scene,
Escalator side-walks, conveyor-belt dreams,
Fire-creator, the chemical motion,
Tidal wave curb, on the rise of the ocean.

Reptoid vision, silicon eyes,
Brain switched on, kiss the pilot goodbye,
A gravity claw, scratching my brain,
My feet are slipping on the suicide train.

Revelation! Revelation, I say!
You know the devil shall raise from the pit,
To be ? you king!
A sonic mutation.
Of sanctified flesh, animal bear with human.
Genetically changed, engineering.

I am the Reptoid (repeat)
I’ll bite you in your sleep,
I’ll bite you in your dreams.
I am the Reptoid (repeat)

Centipede head, reptilian legs,
A diamond chest, and a silicon breast,
Back to the queue and a bit of my brain,
? the DNA.

Digital crystals, skyscrape the scene,
Escalator side-walks, conveyor-belt dreams,
Fire-creator, the chemical motion,
Tidal wave curb, on the rise of the ocean.

Reputed vision, silicon eyes,
Brain switched on, press the button and die,
I told you before, and I’ll tell you again,
My teeth are melting on the suicide brain.

7. Population Overload
(Brock/Chadwick)
I had barely left home before I noticed the rush,
Thousands of people in the crush,
Pressing me,
Causing me to move with my arms across my chest,
A straight-jacket suit, a concrete vest,
Bored voices saying “look straight ahead”,
Are we thinking or are we brain-dead?
Or are we brain-dead?

The world’s gone cock-eyed,
Set to explode,
Protoplasmic nucleus of a DNA code,
Automatic elevating,
? excelarating,
Automatic elevating,
Escalator roads.

8. Wheels
(Richards/Chadwick)
Ship of steel, container of oil
In this world of the wheel, this world of oil,
Our watches declared that we must move on,
The black bird was heard, we were deaf to it’s song,
Our eyes of the patches, detecting the smoke,
In cities, is there no hope?
In this world of the wheel, this world of oil?
World of the wheel, world of oil?
Plastic containers, my sandwiches feel,
? of oil.

9. Kauai