business hawkwind (was chrome tour - or so...)

Duane Hoyt gs590 at CLEVELAND.FREENET.EDU
Sun Feb 15 22:45:12 EST 1998

Reply to message from kg at THING.DE of Sun, 15 Feb

Someone give this guy a Valium or something :-)

>the bleeding business trip...
>there is absolutely NO excuse for putting out an album like The Business
>Trip - (Live album) --
>apart from being just a rotten album musically they are RIPPING OFF a
>(read: some) former band member(s) - i.e. Mr. Robert Calvert / N. Turner

I must interject here, I respect your opinion of this album, but honestly
as live material goes, this is one of the better ones.  There are many here
who like this one, myself included.  I agree that Q,S,aC isn't as good as
the original, but take it on it's own merit, it is quite enjoyable.
If Brock was a musical "burn-out" he would still be doing these songs in
the same manner they were written.

>a single innovative moment since Calvert left the band - i.e. after the
>Hawklords album. They surely were the precursors of punk and new wave -

I beg to differ.  I feel that Electric Tepee is a bit innovative.  Mind you
not the entire thing, but quite a bit of it.Space Bandits is too, mind you
I personally do not care for most of it, it is different than anything else
they were doing.

Lost in Space,
Duane

--
"We think we own the world and own the stars,
 and yet in fact we barely own our cars."